Listening post

 Today, I choose to talk about Elon musk and the company he recently bought, Twitter. I found this interesting because when Elon musk bought Twitter, He fired many people on the spot. Even though many people do not agree with him firing a lot of people at once, a majority of people seem to be enjoying this and think Elon musk made the right choice. Elon musk is within his right as the owner to fire whoever he wants but the reason he fired so many people is that they were sitting around doing nothing. He thought it was useless to have that many people sitting around which I totally agree with. 

Up on looking at Twitter, I came across memes about Musk firing people and this was one of them. If you have watched Avenger's End Game, then you what this is being referenced to. However, if you haven't watched it, Let me Elaborate. In Avenger's End Game, Thanos snaps his fingers and half of the universe disappears. The meme is putting Musk as Thanos and the Employs as the people who disappeared in the movie. 
    twitter's value proposition is Customization, convenience, Pricing, performance, Risk reductions, and Brand/statute. 
    After looking through constant tweets and Instagram posts, I saw that there were people who thought it was unjust/unfair, there were a group of people who side with Musk and of course, there were people who thought it was funny or a meme. I think the people who thought it was unjust should rethink their opinion. I get it that a lot of people lost their source of income and now are jobless but we also have to keep in mind why Musk did it. Elon must say, he walked around the headquarters and saw a bunch of people doing nothing all day. He said that was the reason for his firing, people who weren't doing anything didn't have to be there. We also have to keep in mind, he is an entrepreneur. He wants his business to make him money and if a crap load of people is being paid to sit down and do nothing, that's a lot of money being lost. 
This Lady thinks it's illegal and is against what Elon Musk did. I think not, as the Business owner, he should be able to fire whoever he wants. No rights were violated because all the employees that were fired, they weren't doing anything, to begin with. 
    
    The people who think he is within his full right, I completely agree with them. Business owners can fire employees without a reason or for a reason as long as it's not discrimination. Elon Musk violated none of their rights. Therefore, he is within the full right to fire all those people.
    Twitter is a place where everyone can express their feelings as long as they meet the rules and regulations that Twitter has. It's a social media where you can Advertise, sell content or even make money. If not, you can simply follow other people for their content without having to pay or receive any money. Elon Musk intends to keep this and make it even better than it was before. 
    I think that Twitter doesn't really need any specific type of marketing, though they may be doing their own advertisement that I am not quite aware of. That being said, Twitter wants its user to stay engaged and be on the platform for as long as possible. That's how they make their money by people being on their platform. Businesses use Twitter to advertise their goods and service. These businesses pay Twitter and Twitter brings attention to their business. 
    Elon Musk responded to all the commotion by simply explaining why he fired so many people. According to him, he said "I walked into the Headquarters and saw a bunch of people doing nothing, so I went up to them and asked what their job was. They couldn't respond to I fired them." This was his response in his own words. 
    If I was the brand manager or I guess in this case, the Social media manager, I would lower the number of employees I have but not quite fire as many as Musk did. I would also lower their hours instead of firing them. In terms of responding to the public, I would thoroughly explain why I had to let employees go and why their hours were cut if it ever came to that. 
    Through this assignment, I learned how to identify a problem and research it. I also learned to listen to customers and users and their feedback in order to run a good business. Last but not least, I learned how to manage how many people I hire and why I hire them. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hilal's first marketing post.

Porsche