Hilal's first marketing post.

            Hi, my name is Hilal Zaman, and I am 18 years old. I was born and raised in Kabul, Afghanistan. I spent 11 years of my life there and 6 in the United States of America. I am the oldest son out of 6 and the second child. I work for my dad at a convenience store owned by us in Lebanon, Oregon. I chose to major in Business Admin because as the oldest I am kind of obligated and expected to help my dad expand. My hope is to expand our business not just into more convenient stores but other types of businesses as well. I believe marketing is a very important aspect of the business. For that reason, I am taking a marketing class. To be clear, my dad didn't force me or implied that I don't have a choice in taking any other major but Business. Nor did he pressure me, he gave me full choice and I chose to work for/with my dad instead of a giant company run by a corporation that doesn't care for human life.

            I am excited to learn how to market and get people's attention toward my product. I want to know the psychological way of marketing. I want to tap into someone's head and make a sale happen. Even though I got a little experience in selling stuff and advertising my product verbally at our convenience store, I don't have nearly as much as this class would teach me. That's what I am hoping to get out of this class. 

            One thing that I enjoy outside of college would be either working on cars or playing video games. I don't know much about cars but the little maintenance work that I know is very e enjoyable to do. I like to watch YouTube videos about people dismantling and completely rebuilding and transforming their cars into something miraculous. It makes time pass fairly quickly and gives me something to do besides homework or actually working. Video games would be another hobby that I have and are slowly fading away as time goes by. The busier I get, the less I want to play video games. When I actually get the time to sit down and play video games, I feel free of worries and I actually enjoy my time with friends. It's like an escape from the real world and a time I can hang out with my friends. It's not something that happens every day so it's a very fun experience when it happens. 

            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listening post

Porsche